I'm trying to catch up my entries on here. This was a quick and easy loaf of delicious bread that I made a while back.
I've settled into a routine of using the 365 Sandwich Bread or Gluten Free Pantry Sandwich Bread mixes in my bread machine. So now that I trust these mixes and know they are always reliable, I've been pushing the envelope.
Anyway, all you need for this sensational loaf is this:
- one 365 Sandwich Bread Mix
- a large handful of fresh basil from your garden, chopped
- one medium/large tomato
- about a cup of parmesan cheese
- a bread machine. (or else, some real guts to bake bread the old fashioned way, and I say good for you if you do!)
- chop the basil
- slice the tomato, and discard the seeds. Rinse. Dry the slices. Then dice into pieces. (it's important to make sure it doesn't add too much extra water, so this is an important step)
- Add the mix to the bread machine
- Start the bake cycle
- On the first knead, once the batter is mixed well, add the tomato, basil and half of the parmesan cheese
- if needed, help the machine mix the ingredients well
- Once the knead cycles complete, and the bread is ready to rise, sprinkle the rest of the parmesan cheese on top.
- close the lid and leave it alone the rest of the cycle.
Underground tip: Because of the water in the tomato, I use about 1/4 cup less water that is called for in the mix's recipe. This worked superbly.