Thursday, January 22, 2009

Great Fresh Basil Pasta



Tinkyada makes amazing pasta! It only contains: stone-ground brown rice, rice bran, and water.

This is a very easy recipe that a chef friend of mine, known as "The Lady" taught me how to make:

A bunch of Fresh Basil, probably about 1/8 c.? More or less to taste
Handful of small tomatoes, grape or cherry
Fettucine noodles (cook with a pinch of salt and olive oil)
Fresh Mozzarella (opt.)

While cooking the noodles as directed, cut tomatoes in half (bite sized pieces).
Cut up basil (I use kitchen shears).

When noodles are finished, toss together. Garnish with fresh mozzarella.

Serve immediately. This is an amazingly flavorful dish.
I eat the leftovers cold, it's like a pasta salad.
Underground tip: Make sure to add oil to pasta water. Stir immediately when you add the noodles to keep them from sticking together.

Enjoy! Grazie!
(p.s. my camera ate the photo of the pasta it was so good! Sorry I don't have it, I will add another photo to this entry the next batch).

No comments:

Post a Comment