Wednesday, February 11, 2009

South of the Border Grilled Cheez

A recipe for you:

Heat skillet, spray lightly with Pam.

  • add 1 soft corn tortilla
  • sprinkle with cheese (I use co-jack shredded cheese)
  • add 1 soft corn tortilla

heat through, and flip, once the first side is crisp.
then crisp the 2nd side.

Possible names for this recipe: Corn Quesadilla, Tex-Mex Grilled Cheese, Mexican Grilled Cheese, South of the Border Grilled Cheese, etc. (Or, if you have another idea for a name, post it in a comment! Maybe it would be a fun contest--name the recipe?).

I garnish with and/or dip this in:
  • salsa
  • sour cream
  • guacamole
  • enchilada or mole sauce.
Can be served with a mexican lettuce salad, tomatoes, etc. Or refried beans and mexican rice (I will post a great recipe for that soon). Or just plain.

A package of 36 tortillas (33oz): 2.49

Shredded cheese: 2.89

15 cheap, easy, delicious snacks or meals in about 5 minutes: Priceless.


*****************************************************************

Other underground happenings:

Been inspired by Celiacs in the House to make pizelles! I used her recipe: 2/3 cup GF cake mix, 2 eggs, 2 Tbsp Oil, 1 Tbsp Vanilla--and they came out amazing!

I have been thinking a lot about eating GF easily, inexpensively, and our current economy. We all really should be thinking about ways to save...we just never know what's around the corner...I keep hearing of more and more family, friends and people in the community who are without work. So I hope I can provide a few good ideas...while at the same time, don't get me wrong--I do feel it is important to support quality products that we want to keep available on the market.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog. I was reading along - this is one of my all-time favorite meals. I love it with black beans and bell peppers inside. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete