Sunday, February 1, 2009

Gluten Free, (can be Casein Free) Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

Hey, some of the packaged GF cookies are really great, such as PAMELA's, in the box or in the bag. I especially like the Lemon Shortbread cookies from Pamela's, which I keep in the freezer for a crisp, cool treat.

But here is the recipe for the cookies I pictured in the last blog. I was on the road literally every day last week and just didn't have the time to type it up. These might be some of the best cookies you ever eat, gluten or not. And they take only a little time, and minimal effort.

In addition to being cheaper than store-bought GF cookies, doesn't homemade always taste better?? I think even my grandmother would have approved of these.

Chocolate Chip Cookies (like Tollhouse)

  • 2-1/4 cups flour (1 cup Rice, 3/4 cup Corn, 1/2 cup Millet)
  • 1 tsp. Xantham Gum
  • 1 tsp. Salt
  • 1 tsp. Baking Soda
mix the above dry ingredients. Then, in another bowl, combine:
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup butter or margarine (I used Vegan Buttery Sticks)
  • 1-2 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 eggs
Mix the two bowls together. Add one 12 oz. bag of chocolate chips. Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet, bake 8-10 minutes. These came out awesome. I don't think I'll ever need another recipe.


Underground tip: When you bake cookies, remember that because they are so hot in the oven they continue "baking" after you take them out. I take the cookies out once I notice the top appears dry all across but not any later. This way they do not overbake and dry out. They are soft and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment