Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tasty GF Eatin!

Hey Blog Readers!  So sorry it's been a while since I got a chance to post!  I've missed you!

A few weeks ago, my laptop and camera were stolen, so I was unable to blog properly for a while.  But I got that straightened out, and now--armed with a new camera and borrowed laptop, I am ready to tell you about the great stuff I've been cookin' up!

Here's a pic of the coffee cake I made, which was from a recipe right out of the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook, substituted with Whole Foods GF flour blend.  It worked very well!  









Also, I have made homemade mushroom soup, which I have been enjoying with toasted Trader Joe's Gluten Free French Rolls.

Tonight I experimented with a pizza/flatbread crust, but I didn't get it exactly right.  I will have to try again (bake it a little longer before adding toppings, and/or modify the ingredients a little).  But the toppings were so good--fresh mushrooms, fresh tomatoes, fresh basil, and a drizzle of italian sauce, topped with a light covering of mozzarella cheese, that I enjoyed it thoroughly anyway.






I am on the road for a couple days, so I am packing the cooler with yogurt cups, carrots and Trader Joe's White Bean and Basil hummus, coffee cake, and pizza.  Pretty sure I won't have to eat out, which is nice because I know 100% that I will not be glutened!  And...think of all the dough that will stay in my pocket!



See you on the highway!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry your stuff was stolen! That's always a bummer to deal with. When we lived in L.A., our car and our garage were broken into all the time, and we had so much stuff stolen. It's really frustrating.

    How cool that you have a Trader Joe's near you though! It's the one thing I miss most about living in L.A. I'm going to Raleigh next week though, so I'm definitely making a point to stop at TJ's and pick up some goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pizza may not have been just right but it looks perfect!!
    everything looks great....man, I'm hungry!
    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys! Thanks for reading. Everyone have a great weekend!

    P.S. Hey Meep (Allison), did you know Trader Joe's is in Chapel Hill, close to I-40. That's probably the easiest one for you, coming from your direction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pizza looks very good. I bake my crust for 10 minutes then put on toppings and bake again for 15 min.

    ReplyDelete