Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Whole Foods GF Bakehouse Almond Cookies


I don't know if this item is nationally available, or if it's just local because the bakehouse is in NC.

Regardless, it's a great product and I hope it's something everyone has the pleasure of trying at some point.

These cookies are soft and melt in your mouth. They are a relatively new Gluten Free Bakehouse item, but Whole Foods in Raleigh used to have a similar cookie (which they don't have anymore) that was a "regular" (non-gluten free) bakery item.

I think they realized I was buying up all those cookies and decided to tap into the market potential of the Celiac World (Underworld?)--and now they are baked in a gluten free facility. Hooray!

Good thinking!

Ingredients:
  • Almond Paste (Sugar, Almonds, Natural Flavors)
  • Confectioners Sugar (Sugar, Cornstarch)
  • Egg Whites
  • Evaporated Cane Juice
  • Almond Meal
  • Rice Flour
  • Almond Emulsion
One fourth of the package is the serving size, and of 270 calories, there are 110 from fat, 20 mg sodium (that's low!), and 12 total grams of fat. Compared to a lot of other items, that's all pretty good, and it's just a special now-and-then kind of treat anyway.

Try them out! I was pleasantly surprised when I first did--and I continue to gobble them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment